Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ass...bestos

Ha! Assbestos...

So, I'm on a serious search for a band now. It's like looking for a job in a lot of ways. I lie, telling them by email (to some craigslist address) that I have completed high school and haven't served time for white collar crimes.

Last night I played with a band called "The Tampons" or something like that.

A friend's* blog recently reminded me of a job I had and loved for a long time. Bar tending. It's a great job for anyone with a dull mind and the ability to make anyone believe you are seriously poor.

I used to be the favorite bartender for a group of executives from an advertising firm in the Entertainment District. They would come in for lunch almost every day and I would serve them most of the time. Those dudes paid for two of my three mobility scooters.

In the evening, my job would be to flirt with everyone in sight and up-sell certain brands. One minute I could be telling a lady that her hat is really sexy and she should drink Grey Goose instead of Smirnoff, the next minute I could be telling a dude that his dreadlocks are extra phat and he should try Blanche de Chambly if he likes Hoegaarden.

Oh, I haven't heard back about the job with the Laotian Embassy yet. Starting to lose hope. Trying not to cry...

Love,
Ramk Chardri

*At my faux birthday party she told me I wasn't her friend. Then she stole my shoes. Girl you crazy, drop them like they're hot.

2 comments:

  1. Who the heck is this 'friend' of yours? Who would ever take shoes from someone? How rude. I think that she should say sorry and hope that she is forgiven for such a travisty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will surely be forgiven. In fact, she should be thanked for freeing me from my oppressive shoes. All my shoes ever did was separate me from mother earth. I now live a barefoot lifestyle (kind of weird for a cobbler).

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A man of mystery and science.

Followers

World History