Friday, March 26, 2010

Mutiny in the Woods

A quick note of praise for a band completely new to me.

Everything Everything

They sound like: Johnny Clegg, Incubus and The Cure. On top of that, they are my new MGMT (which will drop out of regular rotation with their forthcoming album).

My favorite song of so far is My Keys, Your Boyfriend. The song is like the recollection of a rough night on the beautiful morning after. You hope the weekend is coming quickly while you're listening to it. Happy Friday. It also has great beat patterns (give the drummer sum) and the chord progression is dubious in a good way. It's got 8bit sounds and everything. Shucks...I like it.

I'm a sucker for anything that's got a dance-able beat and is fun. Not saying I don't love all genres and styles of music, but I have a serious crush on those bands that can make my feet scream "I gotta move".  Any good leads, please let me know.

Ramk out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A man of mystery and science.

Followers

World History